How to Cut Your Ironing Time in Half! Spend more time doing what you enjoy and less time ironing, Haley’s Hints shows you how, speed iron with this clever tip.
In addition to the great idea you just learned from Graham in the video, here are some other really great ideas to cut down your ironing time.
Inspired by Haley’s Hints, a popular housekeeping television show on PBS, here are some suggestions to make your ironing process more efficient and speedy:
1. Sort and prioritize: Sort your clothes based on fabric type and temperature requirements. Prioritize ironing delicate fabrics such as silk or satin first, as they often require lower heat settings. This prevents wasting time waiting for the iron to cool down or heat up between different garments.
2. Use a quality iron: Invest in a good-quality iron that heats up quickly and maintains a consistent temperature. A powerful iron with a steam function can help eliminate wrinkles faster.
3. Prepare clothes beforehand: Before ironing, shake out each garment to remove any visible wrinkles. Smooth out the fabric with your hands, untangle any folds, and stretch the fabric gently.
4. Use a spray bottle: Fill a spray bottle with water and lightly spritz the garment before ironing. The steam created from the water will help relax the fabric and make it easier to remove wrinkles.
5. Iron multi-layers efficiently: When ironing multiple layers, like collars or cuffs, fold them together so that you can iron both sides simultaneously, saving time.
6. Master proper ironing techniques: Learn the correct ironing techniques for different types of garments. For example, iron pants starting from the waistband downwards, and shirts from the collar down to the bottom hem. This ensures a more efficient and thorough ironing process.
7. Utilize ironing aids: Consider using ironing aids, such as spray starch or sizing, for heavier fabrics to make them easier to iron. These products help the iron glide smoothly over the fabric, making the process faster.
8. Optimize ironing board setup: Set up your ironing board in a comfortable and well-lit area. Ensure that it is properly adjusted to your height, allowing you to iron with ease and reduce any strain.
9. Hang clothes promptly: After ironing a garment, hang it immediately to prevent wrinkles from forming again. This eliminates the need to re-iron items if they become wrinkled after being left on a flat surface.
10. Choose wrinkle-resistant fabrics: Consider investing in clothing made from wrinkle-resistant fabrics, such as polyester blends or certain types of cotton. These fabrics tend to require less ironing, further reducing your ironing time.
By implementing these tips from Haley’s Hints, you’ll be able to cut your ironing time in half and breeze through this chore more easily. Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t get discouraged if it takes some time to master these techniques. Happy ironing!