Our homemade furniture polish recipe will save time and money. Make it yourself easy with ingredients you probably already have on hand under the kitchen sink.
Haley’s Hints is a popular PBS television show produced by CupRockTv that is packed with household tips and tricks. One of the many helpful suggestions it offers is a recipe for homemade furniture polish. Creating your own furniture polish can be a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to store-bought cleaners. Here’s a simple recipe that you can try at home:
Ingredients: 1 cup olive oil – 1/2 cup white vinegar – 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed) – 10 drops of essential oil (optional, for fragrance)
1. In a clean container, combine the olive oil, white vinegar, and lemon juice.
2. If desired, add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil to give your furniture polish a pleasant scent. Some popular choices include lavender, orange, or eucalyptus oil.
3. Stir the mixture well until all the ingredients are fully blended.
4. To use the furniture polish, apply a small amount to a clean cloth or sponge.
5. Gently rub the polish onto your furniture using circular motions.
6. Leave the polish on the surfaces for a few minutes to allow it to penetrate and nourish the wood.
7. Finally, use a separate clean cloth to buff the furniture and remove any excess polish, revealing its natural shine. Benefits of Homemade
1. Natural Ingredients: By using this homemade furniture polish recipe, you can be confident in knowing the exact ingredients that go into the product. This allows you to have greater control over what you use in your home, avoiding harmful chemicals often found in commercial cleaners.
2. Cost-Effective: Making your own furniture polish can save you money in the long run. The ingredients used in this recipe are easily accessible and affordable, providing you with a budget-friendly alternative.
3. Eco-Friendly: Commercial furniture polishes often contain chemicals that can harm the environment. By opting for a homemade solution, you minimize your carbon footprint and reduce waste.
4. Nourishes Wood: The combination of olive oil and lemon juice in this recipe helps moisturize and condition wood surfaces, keeping them looking shiny and new.
Please keep in mind that before applying any homemade cleaner, it’s always advisable to test it on a small, inconspicuous area of your furniture to ensure that it does not cause any damage.