Clean Stained Coffee and Tea Cups. Here’s a Haley’s Hints hack to remove unsightly tea or coffee stains from your favorite morning mug so it sparkles like new.
If you’re struggling with stained coffee and tea cups, don’t worry! There are several simple and effective solutions to get them sparking clean again. Follow these tips from Haley’s Hints to remove those stubborn stains:
1. Baking Soda Scrub: Make a paste by mixing equal parts baking soda and water. Apply this paste to the stained areas and scrub gently using a sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and repeat if necessary. Baking soda is a mild abrasive that can help lift the stains without damaging the cups.
2. Vinegar Soak: Fill the stained cup with equal parts white vinegar and warm water. Let it sit for an hour, or overnight for more stubborn stains. Then, scrub the cup with a sponge or brush and rinse thoroughly. Vinegar’s acidic properties help dissolve the stains and leave your cups looking like new.
3. Lemon Juice Rub: Cut a lemon in half and rub the juicy side on the stains. The citric acid in lemons acts as a natural bleach and can effectively remove coffee or tea stains. Once the stains have lightened, rinse the cup with warm water and dry it thoroughly.
4. Denture Tablets: Fill the stained cup with warm water and drop in a denture cleaning tablet. Let it fizz and soak for 30 minutes to an hour. The active ingredients in the tablets help break down the stains, making them easier to scrub away. After soaking, rinse the cup well and wash it with dish soap as usual.
5. Salt Scrub: Sprinkle some table salt onto a damp cloth or sponge and gently scrub the stains. The abrasive texture of salt helps remove the discoloration, leaving your cups cleaner. Rinse well and wash with dish soap afterward to remove any residual salt. Remember to always rinse and dry your cups thoroughly after cleaning to avoid any lingering tastes or odors. With these handy tips from Haley’s Hints, you can enjoy stain-free coffee and tea cups once again!